The fall season definitely comes with its perks - more comfortable weather, gorgeous colors, changing leaves, and cozy nights. While you're making your fall season plans for pumpkin patches and weekend road trips, don't forget about your vehicle! The summer months can take a toll on our cars, causing them to wear down with hotter weather and additional driving. With fall finally here, it's time to start thinking about your fall vehicle maintenance.
Does my car need maintenance for the fall season? The answer is, yes! Fall vehicle maintenance is extremely important when it comes to your safety on the road. This is the time when the weather will begin changing, and you want to be sure that your vehicle will remain reliable when you need it.
So, what exactly does fall vehicle maintenance entail? Let's look at some of the most important items included in a fall vehicle maintenance inspection:
- A check of the tires to make sure that they have good tread and are filled to the proper PSI
- Inspection of all the important fluids such as brake fluid, transmission fluid, engine oil, and power steering fluid. Top off fluids if needed or if the fluids are dirty, be sure to have them flushed.
- A test of the battery to make sure it has good charge if its more than 2-3 years old (the summer can wear down battery fluid quicker!)
- A check of all of the exterior and interior lights for proper operation. Exterior lights such as headlights, blinkers, and brake lights will be super important with the shorter days to come. Cloudy or yellow headlights should also be restored.
- A test of the defroster and heater, which will be definitely important for both the fall and winter months to come!
- A brake inspection to check brake pads, shoes, calipers, rotors, and fluid.
- Replacement of the windshield wipers and topping off of wiper fluid, if needed.
These are just some of the most important fall maintenance items to check off of your list before getting into the season. Here at Caliber Auto Care Centers, we want to ensure your safety on the road. Don't hesitate to give us a call or stop by our shop today for professional service.