Your vehicle's engine is like the heart of your car - it is the component that starts and runs your vehicle with the help of many other systems surrounding it. So when an issue occurs with the engine, your vehicle overall will have problems. This is one of the reasons why engine maintenance is so important to the overall operation of your car. A bad engine leads to major repairs and car trouble, which is why we know many car drivers often wonder how healthy their engine actually is.
If you have a high-mileage or older vehicle, thinking about the health of your engine is common. Many wonder if they've taken good enough care of the engine and whether or not they will need a major engine repair in their vehicle's lifetime. The key to saving money on engine repairs over time is catching issues early on, so paying attention to your vehicle's engine can go a long way. Here are some of the ways that you can better understand if your car's engine is healthy or not:
- Check all of your vehicle's fluids regularly. Engine oil should be changed periodically, and all other important fluids such as transmission, brake, and power steering fluids need to be filled and clean. Any dirty or cloudy looking fluid should be changed and the systems should be flushed at certain intervals by our professional mechanics.
- Pay attention to leaks. Leaks are a common cause of engine issues and can damage components over time. Leaks underneath your vehicle that are brown, red, or pink can be warning signs and should be taken care of quickly.
- When you start your car, be wary of any clicking noises or other hard-start symptoms. There shouldn't be any weird noises from coming under the hood, so if you hear something out of the ordinary, your vehicle should be checked.
- Don't ignore a check engine light! If your check engine light is on, something is wrong. Ignoring the light and continuing to drive can cause you more issues than planned for and can severely diminish the reliability of your engine over time.
- Take your vehicle into Caliber Auto Care Centers for inspection regularly. We can perform a thorough inspection of your engine periodically to look for leaks and other issues to take care of them early on before they turn into larger engine issues.
The best way to know if your car engine is healthy is to take care of it from the start. Be sure to never miss an oil change and have regular inspections performed to keep your car running at its best. As always, if you need engine repair, bring your vehicle into the trusted choice in auto care in the area here at Caliber Auto Care Centers. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!