You've been ordered to stay home among the rapid spread of COVID-19 - it's hard, we know! However, shelter in place orders are extremely important considering the current state of our nation. These shelter in place orders are vital to preventing the virus from spreading faster and further, and can help you take control of your health during these uncertain times.
Although you may be stuck at home, more than likely with others (possibly kids), there are still a variety of things that you can do which will keep you productive while still abiding by CDC regulations. Most importantly, be sure that you are being proactive about washing your hands, keeping a 6 foot distance in public areas, sanitizing surfaces regularly, and avoiding touching your face with unwashed hands.
If you're struggling to stay busy and falling into a bit of a rut, we recommend trying one or more of the following ideas to get active and stay productive:
- We know you probably have an old hobby that you haven't been able to entertain in a while. Start up this hobby again (as long as it involves something within your home or abides by the CDC's regulations) or start a new one altogether!
- Read a good book.
- Cook a new recipe or delicious meal. Try baking, even. Why not?
- Take up a cleaning project that we know you've been putting off for ages.
- Get your vehicle serviced here at Caliber Auto Care Centers to check that maintenance item off of your list while you have time.
- Take your dogs or kids for a walk, minus the leash on the latter.
- Go for a bike ride (might want to dust off the cobwebs first).
- Take a nice long bath with bubbles and candles and the whole works.
- Do a home workout (YouTube is your friend). We've seen people using orange juice jugs and canned tomatoes as weights, so you literally have no excuses.
- Organize THAT junk drawer...you know the one we are talking about.
- Watch an episode of your favorite show (cut yourself off after one, repeat after us - binging is bad)
- FaceTime a family member or friendly for a contact-free hangout sesh.
These are just some ideas to spark some inspiration for you to stay positive and productive during these unprecedented times. We hope that you are able to stay sane amid the COVID-19 outbreak and we wish the best health for you and your family members. Also, a big thank you for supporting Caliber Auto Care Centers during this time!